Tuesday, January 29, 2008

blog finally pays off.


I forgot to mention the first tangible hint that this web presence has not gone fully unnoticed. Although I am so appreciative of those of you who have commented, I still have to take it on faith that you are actual real people and not a computer or robot encouraging me to blather on for reasons beyond my current comprehension.

Sometime ago, I did a very short review of a new café that bravely popped up in an area replete with nearly countless little cafés. I was brazen enough to demand a free coffee, though I wasn't really serious.

It turns out that the owners of the Em café were paying some attention:

I am one of the owners of EM Café. Thanks for the lovely picture and comments. Stop by anytime for your free coffee! My name is Sonja and I look forward to meeting you.

I went in last week and collected my free coffee. I would have been happy with a simple drip coffee, but a latte was happily placed in front of me along with kind words. Kind words and a smile can be hard to come by in Montréal on a weekday in January.

Café Em is still a very nice place to hang out in, even if you don't receive a free coffee. I forgot my camera at home that day, otherwise I would have posted a picture of what a free coffee looks like, but instead, here is a photo of French Panic's breakfast. You can tell it is hers because I would never eat eggs or egg related dishes. I can't tell you why because I don't know. Some repressed childhood trauma, no doubt. Regardless, eggs make me wretch, and it isn't worth it to eat food that makes you ill.

My thanks for making my day and providing valuable human contact before I headed back into the solitude of my little office.

No comments: